Zebra Z4M, Z4M Plus & Z4000 Printer Configuration Page
How to tell the DPI on a Zebra Z4M, Z4M Plus
- Turn Off (O) the printer.
- Press and hold the CANCEL button while turning the power On (I) until the front panel light turns off.
- Printer Configuration label will print.
- The DPI will be the second line.
*Note: The Z4000 does not show the DPI
Print Head Installation Guide for Ganson Compatible Zebra Z4M, Z4M Plus & Z4000 Printhead
The printhead is sensitive to static electricity, which can damage the printhead or reduce its life. Ground yourself by touching some metal, such as printer’s metal base, before touching the printhead. Clean the printhead to remove any salt or oil left from handling prior to operation.
1. Turn power switch off, unplug power cord.
2. Open the right/top cover of the printer.
3. Open the printhead assembly by using the right side plastic lever.
4. Loosen the print head mounting screw, which is located on the top of the printhead assembly. Loosen the screw only until it is free from the threads of the print head.
Carefully disconnect the print head cables from the print head.
CAUTION: To avoid the contamination on the new printhead. Do not touch the exposed printer element on the new printhead.
5. Attach the print head cable to the new printhead. Push it into the pins until it “clicks” into place
6. Carefully slide the new print head into place. Make sure the print head is flush with the head mount.
7. Secure the print head to the mounting assembly by tightening the print head mounting screw. Do not try to over tighten the screw.
8. Firmly push printhead to close printhead assembly.
Close the printer right/top side cover. Plug power cord turn power switch on.
NOTE: Normally, mechanical adjustment is not necessary when replacing the printhead. Mounting screws on the mount assembly automatically locate the printhead. However, if the new print head performs poorly, some adjustment may be necessary.
If you have issues or questions installing the Zebra Z4M, Z4M Plus & Z4000 printhead, please call us at 1-800-434-9011.
2901 W Clarendon, Phoenix, AZ 85017
1-800-434-9011 or Email Us!