- Start with the printer power off
- Press the CANCEL button while turning on the computer
- When the CALIBRATED LED turns off, release the cancel button.
- To return to normal mode, restart the printer.
Print Head Installation Guide for Ganson Compatible Zebra S600 Printhead
The Zebra S6600printhead is sensitive to static electricity, which can damage the printhead or reduce its life. Ground yourself by touching some metal, such as printer’s metal base, before touching the printhead. Clean the printhead to remove any salt or oil left from handling prior to operation.
1. Turn the printer off by using the switch at the back of the printer.
2. Find printhead assembly and unscrew the screw/knob that mounts the printhead into the print engine mechanism.
3. Remove the used printhead from the print engine mechanism. Detach the printhead cable assembly from the printhead and completely remove the used printhead. The printhead is sensitive to static electricity, which can damage the printhead or reduce its life. Ground yourself by touching some metal, such as printer’s metal base, before touching the printhead.
Caution printhead may be HOT.
4. Attach the printhead cable assembly to the new printhead.
5. Install the printhead back into the print engine mechanism.
6. Tighten the screw/knob on the print engine mechanism that mounts the printhead onto the print engine mechanism.
7. Clean the new printhead with a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol to remove any salt or oil left from handling.
8. Let the printhead dry and reload your supplies. Turn on the printer.
9. Press FEED to position the supply under the printhead.
NOTE: Normally, mechanical adjustment is not necessary when replacing the printhead. Mounting screws on the mount assembly automatically locate the printhead. However, if the new print head performs poorly, some adjustment may be necessary.
If you have issues or questions installing the Zebra S600 printhead, please call us at 1-800-434-9011.
Your dollars, your choice, Ganson will deliver.