How to tell the DPI on a Zebra S4M
- Turn Off (O) the printer.
- Press and hold the CANCEL button while turning the power On (I) until the front panel light turns off.
- Printer Configuration label will print.
- The DPI will be the second line.
Print Head Installation Guide for the Ganson Compatible Zebra S4M Printhead
The Zebra S4M printhead is sensitive to static electricity, which can damage the printhead or reduce its life. Ground yourself by using an antistatic wrist band connected to the printer or by touching some metal on the printer, such as printer’s metal base, before touching the printhead.
1. Clean the printhead with a soft, lint free rag and/or isopropanol to remove any salt, oil or debris from handling prior to installation.
2. Turn power switch off and open media compartment door.
3. Release printhead block by turning locking latch clockwise – locking latch has hinge at bottom.
4. Lift and turn the block containing printhead counterclockwise around hinge on left hand side.
5. With one hand supporting the printhead, remove the printhead from the printheadmounting block by unscrewing the retention screw in the top center of the mounting block.
6. Disconnect, in order, the printer data cable (wide) and power cable (narrow).
7. Connect the printer cables to the new printhead, first power and then data.
Attach the new printhead onto the printhead mounting block by aligning the mounting hole making sure connector cables are moved in the cable dresser. First align the left side, then the right. Two audible “clicks” or “snaps” may be heard when the head is properly aligned, one per side.
Tighten the retention screw in the top center of the printhead mounting bracket. This should be self centering.
Align the printing stock and thermal transfer ribbon and close the printhead locking handle.
NOTE: Normally, mechanical adjustment is not necessary when replacing the printhead. Mounting screws on the mount assembly automatically locate the printhead. However, if the new print head performs poorly, some adjustment may be necessary.
If you have issues or questions installing the Zebra S4M printhead, please call us at 1-800-434-9011.
Your dollars, your choice, Ganson will deliver.