How To Find The DPI For Zebra 105S, 105SE, 300S, 500S
On the back of the printer is a Configuration number:
- 10500-2001-2000 = 200 dpi
- 10500-3001-2000 = 300 dpi
How To Print a Configuration Label For Zebra 105S, 105SE, 300S, 500S
- Start with the printer powered off
- Press the CANCEL key while turning in the AC power on switch
Print Head Installation Guide for the Ganson Compatible Zebra 105S, 105Se, 300s & 500s
The Zebra 105S, 105Se, 300s & 500s printhead is sensitive to static electricity, which can damage the printhead or reduce its life. Ground yourself by touching some metal, such as printer’s metal base, before touching the printhead. Clean the printhead to remove any salt or oil left from handling prior to operation.
1. Turn power switch off and remove the power cord.
2. Open the media compartment door.
3. Open printhead by moving printhead handle to the “head open position”.
4. Remove thermal transfer ribbon and label stock from the printer.
5. Remove the top plate of printhead mounting bracket by unscrewing 4 socket-head screws.
6. Disconnect the printhead cable.
7. With one hand supporting the printhead, remove the printhead from the printhead-mounting bracket by unscrewing all 4 flat-head screws.
8. Attach a new printhead into the printhead-mounting bracket with mounting holes aligned.
9. Secure the printhead to the mechanism by tightening the printhead mounting screws. Do not try to over tighten the screw.
10. Reinstall the printhead cable.
11. Attach the top plate of printhead mounting bracket by tightening all 4 screws.
12. Load thermal transfer ribbon and label stock.
13. Close and lock the printhead by moving the printhead handle lever on the upper printhead mechanism to the “Head Closed” position.
NOTE: Normally, mechanical adjustment is not necessary when replacing the printhead. Mounting screws on the mount assembly automatically locate the printhead. However, if the new print head performs poorly, some adjustment may be necessary.
If you have issues or questions installing the Zebra 105S, 105Se, 300s & 500s, please call us at 1-800-434-9011.
2901 W Clarendon, Phoenix, AZ 85017
1-800-434-9011 or Email Us!