How to Configuration Page on a Zebra 170 Pax IV
- Turn Off (O) the printer.
- Press and hold the CANCEL button while turning the power On (I) until the front panel light turns off.
- Printer Configuration label will print.
- The DPI will be the second line.
- *The 170 XiII does not show DP
Print Head Installation Guide for the Ganson Compatible Zebra 170xi, 170xi ll, 170xi lll, 170 Pax IV, 173 Pax, 173 Pax ll, 173 Pax lll & Z170xi lll+ Printhead
The 170xi, 170xi ll, 170xi lll, 170 Pax IV, 173 Pax, 173 Pax ll, 173 Pax lll & Z170xi lll+ printhead is sensitive to static electricity, which can damage the printhead or reduce its life. Ground yourself by touching some metal, such as printer’s metal base, before touching the printhead. Clean the printhead to remove any salt or oil left from handling prior to operation.
- On the back of the printer, turn the printer power OFF.
- Locate the printhead, unscrew the screw or knob that mounts the printhead into the print engine mechanism.
- Removed the old printhead from the print engine mechanism. Detach the printhead cable assembly(s) from the printhead and completely remove the old printhead.
- Attach the printhead cable assembly(s) to the new printhead.
- Install the printhead back into the print engine mechanism.
- Screw the screw or knob on the print engine mechanism that mounts the printhead onto the print engine mechanism.
- Clean the new printhead. Remove any dirt and oils from the new printhead.
- On the back of the printer, turn the printer power ON.
- Perform a test print to confirm proper installation.
NOTE: Normally, mechanical adjustment is not necessary when replacing the printhead. Mounting screws on the mount assembly automatically locate the printhead. However, if the new print head performs poorly, some adjustment may be necessary.
If you have issues or questions installing the 170xi, 170xi ll, 170xi lll, 170 Pax IV, 173 Pax, 173 Pax ll, 173 Pax lll & Z170xi lll+ printhead, please call us at 1-800-434-9011.
2901 W Clarendon, Phoenix, AZ 85017