Print head Installation Guide for the Ganson Compatible Datamax I Class 4206, 4208 & 4212 Print head
CAUTION: The Datamax I Class 4206, 4208 & 4212 print head is sensitive to static electricity, which can damage the print head or reduce its life. Ground yourself by touching some metal, such as printer’s metal base, before touching the print head. Clean the print head to remove any salt or oil left from handling prior to operation.
1. Turn power switch off, unplug the power cord.
2. Open the right/top cover of the printer.
3. Open the print head assembly by using the right side plastic lever.
4. Loosen the print head mounting screw, which is located on the top of the print head assembly. Loosen the screw only until it is free from the threads of the print head releases.
5. Remove the media and ribbon.
6. Carefully unplug the print head cables from the print head.
7. Attach the print head cable to the new print head.
8. Slide a new print head into the print head assembly. Print head will be aligned to the two mounting pins on the print head matching mounting holes.
9. Tighten the print head mounting screw.
10. Reinstall the media and ribbon.
11. Firmly push print head to close and lock the print head assembly.
12. Close the printer right/top side cover. Plug in the power cord and turn the power switch on.
NOTE: Normally, mechanical adjustment is not necessary when replacing the print head. Mounting screws on the mount assembly automatically locate the print head. However, if the new print head performs poorly, some adjustment may be necessary.
If you have issues or questions installing the Datamax I Class 4206, 4208 & 4212 print head, please call us at 1-800-434-9011.
2901 W Clarendon, Phoenix, AZ 85017
1-800-434-9011 or Email Us!